Start date: January 2017
Fixed duration: Permanent
ABOUT OXFORD GENETICS:
Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialised contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics, gene and cell therapies. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in designing DNA, optimising expression of proteins, cell line development, and improving viral delivery systems. We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford.
The Product Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage Oxford Genetics’ product lines globally to drive sales revenue through management of complete product life cycle using appropriate marketing channels. They will be responsible for the process of design/specification of new products and maintenance, enhancement of existing products in the product lines, and ownership of the marketing mix (4 P's) of assigned product lines.
- Manage Oxford Genetics product line strategy including market outlook, competitive assessment and opportunity prioritization. Build business plans to support product line strategy and financial viability, and present to senior management.
- Develop product offerings following a stage gate commercialization process. Leverage functional expertise across Oxford Genetics personnel to identify new product and service offerings that will support growth. Provide vision to cross functional internal teams based on market dynamics, geographic regions, customer segmentation, and competition.
- Ensure the successful launch and commercialization of new products. Manage full product life cycle to ensure seamless customer experience and smooth revenue transition.
- Manage financials and annual revenue targets of the product and service portfolio. Capture and track results.
- Partner with marketing and sales to drive revenue growth plans.
- Manage the 4 P’s of Marketing: Product, Price, Place, Promotion for assigned product line, taking into consideration: customer segmentation, value proposition, and product positioning message. Create and deliver launch plans for new products, on time and on budget.
- Create compelling value propositions that effectively match Oxford Genetics business strengths to market needs, and work with marketing to develop/deliver specific marketing messages to stimulate demand.
- Use market research and voice of customer feedback in specific regions and customer segments to understand dynamics of market evolution and competitive forces to maintain competitive advantage. Leverage information to create segment specific product strategies and offerings.
- Ensure sales and delivery cycle for all products is customer centric and smooth—an experience that delights the customer and increases the net promoter score of the company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in in Biological Sciences essential.
- Product management (>1-3 years) experience in the life science industry.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully launch new products in a dynamic market place.
- Capable of building and analyzing financial models to forecast and track results.
- Proven ability to distill customer requirements, understand competitive strengths and weaknesses, and develop compelling product offerings and value propositions addressing competitive threats.
- Experience effectively communicating, building strong cross-functional relationships and working closely with other teams across the business.
- Demonstrated pubic speaking ability with a focus on sales training and/or marketing presentations.
- Demonstrated high level of competence and success with field sales travel work with and tradeshow activities when assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills including marketing campaign material development
- Self-starter with the ability to create and execute plans based on a vision.
- Able to act in a relatively autonomous capacity and encounter problems of diverse scope and moderate to high complexity.
- Ability to travel occasionally to visit customers and attend trade shows.
To apply for the position then please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org