SnapFast™ and SnapFast™ Pro Plasmids
Limited Use Label License
Version 1.0: Updated March 13, 2017.
Oxford Genetics offers SnapFast Plasmids and SnapFast Pro Plasmids with two types of license: research use or commercial use. Every SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid purchased comes with a research use license as standard. A commercial license gives you additional rights in exchange for an additional license fee. Unless you purchase a commercial license, your use of the SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid is subject to the research use license terms.
The purchase of a SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid, with a research use license, conveys to the buyer limited, non-transferable rights to use the product for “Research Purpose”, as defined below, subject to the conditions set out in this License Agreement.
Commercial Purpose”, as defined below, subject to the conditions set out in this License Agreement.
Your right to use the SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- “Research Purpose” means any use for research purposes, other than “Commercial Purpose” and “GMP Production Purpose”.
- “Commercial Purpose” means the provision of commercial services to a third party for monetary gain, including but not limited to: (a) any use, directly or indirectly, in manufacturing and/or production, or quality control; or (b) any use to provide a service, information, or data for consideration; but does not permit any sale, resale, leasing, or licensing of the plasmid, variant or derivative of.
- “GMP Production Purpose” means the manufacture of therapeutic, diagnostic, prophylactic or other medicinal products intended for use in humans or non-human animals, or any other industrial use solely to the extent involving commercial sale of a product or service. If a molecule or any derivative of such molecule is used in or administered to humans, then the production of such molecule shall be deemed to be GMP production.
- You may not transfer the SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid, to any third party for Commercial Purpose (a) without prior written approval of Oxford Genetics, and (b) without the transferee entering into a material transfer agreement that includes the restrictions contained herein.
- The SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid, or materials made through use of the these may be transferred by you to your legal affiliates or bonafide third party contractors performing paid work on your behalf, provided the use by such third-party contractors is limited to performance of work for you for Research Purpose under the terms of this agreement.
- SnapFast Plasmids and SnapFast Pro Plasmids purchased with the standard license terms can be used for Research Purpose in “Perpetuity”, meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the Plasmid for Research Purpose.
- SnapFast Plasmids purchased with a commercial license can be used for Commercial Purpose in “Perpetuity”, meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the Plasmid for Commercial Purpose.
- SnapFast Pro Plasmids purchased with a commercial license can be used for Commercial Purpose for one (1) year from the date of receipt by the buyer, meaning your right to use the SnapFast Pro Plasmid for Commercial Purpose will expire after one (1) year and the product must be purchased again for you to continue its use.
- Your right to use the SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid will terminate immediately if you fail to comply with these terms and conditions. You shall, upon such termination of your rights, destroy the SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid, and components thereof in your control, and notify Oxford Genetics of such in writing.
- You may not use the SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid, to support the filing of a patent application in any country in the world that contains claims directed to the SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid or their uses.
- You may not deposit the SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid, or any derivatives thereof, in any publicly accessible, institutional, or centralized repository, be it profit or non-profit based, without prior written approval of Oxford Genetics.
If this product is subject to multiple limited use label licenses, the terms of the most restrictive limited use label license shall control.
For information on purchasing a license to the SnapFast Plasmid or SnapFast Pro Plasmid for use other than Research Purpose or Commercial Purpose, contact Oxford Genetics at firstname.lastname@example.org