Business Development Manager, US West Coast
START DATE: Immediate
FIXED DURATION: Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company has it looks to extend its sales coverage into the US. The Business Development Manager for the US West Coast territory will be responsible for building customer relationships and promoting the technologies, services and products of Oxford Genetics to achieve or exceed sales and profit targets. This role will report to the Head of Sales for the US region. The ideal candidate will be someone with excellent commercial experience, a deep understanding of mammalian cell biology, and a passion for cutting edge science.
- Ensure that the quarterly and annual sales targets are achieved for the assigned territory
- Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory; maintain, protect, and grow your business for both short and long-term revenue growth
- Identify your customers’ needs, goals and challenges, and provide solutions to these through the proper positioning of Oxford Genetics products, services, knowledge and expertise; inform, train and influence customers
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain a regular presence within territory
- Follow-up on leads, close action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion
- Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers
- Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities in your territory
- Create and deliver presentations; coordinating appropriate resources for customer visits
- Lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs, drivers, audience profile, etc.
- Manage forecasting and pipeline by utilizing the CRM to manage, track, and report on all sales activities; provide, accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory
- Work collaboratively with all business partners (customer service, technical service, marketing and project management, etc.) to handle customer requests
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in related scientific discipline; Molecular biology degree desirable
- Higher degree in related scientific discipline preferred
- Previous sales experience (two years in related industry required)
- Experience in mammalian expression/bioproduction systems and/or gene therapy and/or virology would be an advantage.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to quickly understand highly technical concepts and then explain these and their benefits to others
- Excellent understanding of pharma and biotech drug discovery and manufacturing process
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Direct face to face negotiating experience with major clients
- Demonstrated experience in presenting to senior levels of the client organization
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal, written and through presentations
- Solid understanding of CRM software
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software
- The ability to travel to approximately 50% of the time.
- Based in California.
To apply for the position then please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org