Team Administrator (General)
JOB TYPE: Permanent
START DATE: Open
SALARY: £Competitive plus benefits
ABOUT OXFORD GENETICS:
Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialised contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics, with a particular focus on viral vectors for gene therapy applications. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in DNA design, expression system optimisation, cell line development and engineering of viral delivery systems.
We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories and modern offices at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford. We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company.
We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do – join us and contribute to this exciting journey!
The Team Administrator is responsible for supporting the overall running of the business and working closely alongside HR Manager and with other members of the Business Support Team.
Human Resources Administration
- Maintaining human resources Excel database, electronic file management and associated documentation on the company quality system
- Providing recruitment administration and liaison, including negotiating and establishing new and existing contracts, with external agencies and suppliers
- General human resources administration including setting up new starters, checking, scanning, filing and chasing documentation
- Compiling monthly, quarterly and annual statistical reporting
- Drafting and maintaining administrative policies and procedures
- Arranging travel, hotels, car parking and meetings, taking minutes when necessary
- Providing cover for reception and weekly financial reporting during holidays and busy periods
- Filing, shredding and assisting with customer enquiries
Purchasing and Shipping Administration
- Assisting with processing of orders through the company’s website and ordering of supplies / materials
- Assisting with processing and monitoring shipments
- Assisting with requesting quotations and setting up new supplier accounts
Providing any other duties in accordance with the grading of the post, as required
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Educated to A level or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience of working in a commercial administrative office environment in a mid-level / senior administrative role
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive matters with a high level of tact and discretion
- Experience of working in a customer facing role with a professional and helpful manner both face to face and on the telephone
- Able to work methodically with an excellent level of attention to detail
- Intermediate level IT skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and touch typing
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills with the ability to communicate information clearly
- A high level of flexibility and teamworking in the changing environment of an expanding company with a desire to develop and grow within the role
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPD Qualification
- 3 years’ experience in Human Resources administration, recruitment and/or payroll
- Experience with uploading and maintaining website / internet content
- Experience of purchasing and liaison with suppliers
- Experience of working on own initiative
- Statistical reporting experience
- Experience with contracts and negotiation
- Advanced IT skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Data Protection Act / GDPR knowledge
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Drafting administrative processes and procedures
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methods
- Touch typing skills of speeds of 60 wpm+
- Knowledge of company quality management systems
- To actively participate in their performance review and work towards objectives set.
- To take responsibility for their own professional development ensuring professional standards are maintained and mandatory training is in date.
- To attend training as requested.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND QUALITY
- To uphold the company mission and values.
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures and strive for continuous quality improvement.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES / DIVERSITY
- To observe the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy providing equality of treatment and opportunity to employees, irrespective of sex, sexuality, age, marital status, ethnic origin or disability.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their omissions or actions at work.
- To promote the company Health and Safety Policy and ensure matters are managed in accordance with it.
- To report accidents, incidents and near misses, implementing corrective action where necessary.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DATA SECURITY
- To comply fully with the duties and responsibilities outlined the company handbook regarding confidentiality.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR and ensure that all information collected, stored and used is done so in compliance with the Act.
- To preserve the confidentiality of any information in connection with their employment.This obligation shall continue in perpetuity.
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%, Health Insurance, Group Life Cover, Child Care Voucher Scheme, Glasses Vouchers, Long Service Benefits and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be office based and located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Medawar Building, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please send a CV. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and health assessment.
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence. We recognise diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution.
Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.
To apply for the position then please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Strictly No Agencies