Technical Field Sales Specialist, Bioproduction Services (Office Based)
START DATE: Immediate
FIXED DURATION: Permanent
- The Field Sales Specialist has responsibility for selling Oxford Genetics products, services and technologies in their assigned portfolio to academic, biotech and pharma customers within the geographical limits of their territory to achieve their sales objectives.
- The portfolio consists of: DNA Services, including DNA synthesis, plasmid construction, custom cloning, and plasmid production; Protein Services, including protein engineering & expression, and antibody engineering & expression; and Cell Services, including cell line engineering and development.
- The successful candidate will be able to drive a complex, highly technical sale from the introduction of the solution through to close and implementation.
- He/she must be able to speak technically to ensure Oxford Genetics products and services are known and understood by prospective customer.In addition, he/she must be able to speak to both administrative and research staff to develop needs, gain consensus, and close new business as required within the account.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking to move into a technical sales role. You will be provided with extensive technical and sales training to enable you to succeed in this role.
- This role will be based in our office in Oxford and allow you to leverage direct access to our technical, commercial and support teams to enable you to be effective.
- Responsible for growing Oxford Genetics business within the assigned geography for both customer accounts and prospect accounts.
- Will use their deep technical knowledge to deliver technical sales presentations focusing on developing demand and adoption of products, services and platform technologies
- Coordinates all associated company activity at customer accounts and prospect accounts
- Qualifies leads from several sources including other members of the commercial team, marketing, and other channels as required
- Cultivates a strong working relationship with the entire commercial, marketing and support teams
- Work closely with internal resources to develop and implement customer-specific sales strategies.
- Attend tradeshows, sales meetings, and other activities to support customers and revenue growth.
- Manage customer data in the company CRM
- Communicate market observations to the product marketing teams
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor’s and advanced degree required in Biological Sciences
- Experience of molecular biology and cell biology techniques is essential
- Experience of using mammalian expression systems to produce proteins and antibodies would be an advantage
- Experience of using gene editing tools (including CRISPR) for cell engineering and screening purposes would be an advantage
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strengths in networking and relationship development
- Outstanding presentations skills as well strong oral and written communications skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications
- Ability to travel 50% of time
- Ability to travel to visit customers and attend trade shows.
To apply for the position then please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com