Reporter Gene Plasmid Information
We currently sell nine different reporter genes:
- Photinus pyralis luciferase (FLuc, pGL4 derived). The brightest and most up to date version of this gene.
- Renilla reniformis luciferase (RLuc). Slightly smaller than FLuc and uses a different substrate.
- iLumena luciferase, secreted into the supernatant and uses the same substrate as RLuc.
- daGFP. A small, bright, synthetic fluorescent gene with similar properties to GFP.
- krYFP. A bright synthetic yellow fluorescence protein.
- frCFP. A bright synthetic cyan fluorescence protein.
- Beta Galactosidase (ß-Gal)
- Human Secreted Alkaline Phosphatase (SEAP)
- Chloramphenicol Acetyl Transferase (CAT).
Plasmid Cloning options: We sell our reporter genes in a range of configurations, including...
- In the main multiple cloning site downstream of either yeast, bacterial or mammalian promoters.
- Under control of the Phosphoglycerate Kinase (PGK) promoter for expression in mammalian cells immediately after the main multiple cloning site. In these vectors you can insert an additional gene driven by a second promoter, and both genes use the same poly adenylation signal to terminate expression.
- Under the control of an internal ribosome entry site (EMCV IRES or FMDV IRES) for expression in mammalian cells. These can often demonstrate low, or variable activity depending on the sequence, cell line and upstream gene. Total protein content yields of 3-5% of the upstream gene are not uncommon, although 40-60% of cells may register as positive by transfection, depending on the reporter gene and the assay.
- Under the control of either the Rous Sarcoma Virus (RSV) promoter (low expression) or the Human Ubiquitin (Ub) promoter (high expression), where the entire expression cassette is inserted away from the main multiple cloning site, flanked by two AscI restriction sites to allow excision or exchange if needed.
All of our constructs are designed for broad compatibility and versatile cloning, allowing you easily to produce any derivates you require. If you prefer to outsource the cloning work, we are happy to undertake it rapidly and efficiently. Please contact us to tell us about your project.